Royal Mail Tips
From BookMooch Wiki
Sending to UK addresses
- Second class is fast enough (usually 48 hours)
- Put all the books in one parcel but
- Keep the weight below 1Kg (otherwise it has to go first class)
- Try and keep the thickness below 25mm and the other dimensions A4 or smaller. If you manage this, the parcel can go "Large Letter"
- Use the post code, even when the moochee hasn't given it to you.
- Tell the clerk your parcel is "Printed Matter", write these words on the outside.
- Get a quote for surface mail and air mail. You'll be surprised that sometimes there isn't much difference in the price.
- Canadian customs need the sender's address on the front
- Many countries (not the EU) need a customs declaration. This consists of a white sticker.
- Indicate that the item is a gift, and a used book.